‘About time: mode and duration,’
The theme of Met Gala for 2020 annual Confab has been announced by the Metropolitan Costume Institute museum. This theme was based on the early theory of the 20th century from French philosopher Sir Henri Bergson and a novel like Virginia Woolf.
Wendy Yu’s curator responsible for the Institute of Costume, Andrew Bolton, said that he was inspired by the Sally Potter of the Orlando film released in 1992. In an interview with Vogue, said Andrew Bolton, “There is a beautiful scene at the Swinton Tilda where entering the labyrinth in the robe The 18th century woman à la francaise, and when she passed her, her clothes turned into a mid-19th dress, and she reappeared in the 1850s England. That’s where the original idea came from. ”
In addition, the sources revealed that the 150-year warning would be the biggest all the time. A report from the New York Times stated that 70 percent of Biennale would consist of goods originating from the ownership of the museum, and the remaining 30 percent would be a new gift to respect and celebrate the 150th birthday of women’s clothing.
The collection will be branched into two different collections
which shows the style of women’s clothing from 1870 to 2020. One part will display black appearance and other white clothing ensembles that show how the ‘moment’ mode shifts with time. The collection also highlights chronology throughout the history of women’s clothing.
For example, the black princess dress
From the late 1870s will be paired with the Alexander McQueen ‘Bumster’ skirt from 1995, and the black bustle of the mid-1880s will be juxtaposed with a Comme des Garçons ‘Body Meets Dress—Dress Meets Body’ dress from 1997. “- said by Met during the theme announcement.
This post is based on the Met Gala 2020 theme
All performances will be designed by Es Devlin, an expert behind the series of Royal Opera House and Beyonce Formation Tours.